The Department of Political Science was created as part of Hangzhou University in 1952. Since the founding of the new Zhejiang University on the basis of the amalgamation of the four former individual universities, namely Zhejiang University, Hangzhou University, Zhejiang Agricultural University and Zhejiang Medical University, in September 1998, the department is taking full advantage of the opportunities brought by the amalgamation to improve conditions for teaching and research, invite academic staff committed to high-quality research and teaching to join the Department. The Department has about 18 full-time faculty members. The Department has developed into a respected teaching and research institution that has gained both national and international recognition.
Department Head: Professor Lang Youxing
Deputy Department Head: Lecturer Wang Jiangli