Ph.D, Professor, Doctoral Suppervisor,
Research Areas: sociology, social policy, and welfare services.
PhD (1999) and research fellow (2000-2002) in University of Tampere (Finland), Senior Researcher（2003-2006）in University of Turku (Finland), Docent (2005-Present) in social policy at University of Tampere and University of Turku (Finland);
Professor in Social Policy and Social Work（2005-2009）in Dept. of Sociology and the director of Social Policy Research Centre of Nanjing University (
Professor (2009 to present) in College of Public Administration, Zhejiang University, the deputy director of Centre For European Studies of Zhejiang University, the deputy director of Center of Sociological Studies in Zhejiang University, and the vice head in the Dept. of Social Security and Risk Management,
Board member in The Chinese Social Policy Committee of the Chinese Sociological Association; Board member in the Chinese Association of Social Work Education, Chairperson of The Asian Consortium For Social Quality (ACSQ); An international co-editor of《Journal of Comparative Social Welfare》, the member of the interantioanl editorial board in《Nordic Social Work Research》and the editor of《International Journal of Social Quality》
For undergraduate students: Introduction to Social Security;Thoughts and Theories of Social Security
For graduate students: The International Comparison of Social Security Systems (for MA students); Social Policy and Social Security in China（for an English MA program on “China Studies”）; Social Policy Studies (for PhD students)
A. Theoritical studies of social policy
* Ka Lin, Mengya Chen: 《Social Policy Theories and Research Paradigms》, 2008, Beijing:
* Ka Lin, Huaijuan Zhao: “Distinguishing the Models of Productive Social Policy and Developmental Social Policy and Its Implications”, Social Security Studies (《社会保障研究》), 2009.2 (re-printed by 《人大复印资料》, The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Social Work Issue).
* Ka Lin, Eero Carroll: “State Institutions, Political Power, and Social Policy Choices - Reconstructing the Origins of Nordic Models of Social Policy”, European Journal of Political Research, 2006, Vol. 45: 345-367.
* Ka Lin, Eero Carroll: “Theoretical Visions versus Policymaking Realities? Searching for the Logical Grounds of Expansion and Retrenchment Arguments in Studies on Nordic Social Policy Models from the 1960s to the 2000s”, Comparative Sociology, 2006, Vol. 5(1): 2-22.
* Ka Lin: “Cultural Traditions and the Scandinavian Social Policy Model”, Social Policy & Administration, 2005, Vol. 39(7): 723–739.
* Ka Lin: “Sectors, Agents and Rationale: A Study of the Scandinavian Welfare States with Special Reference to the Welfare Society Model”, Acta Sociologica, 2004, Vol. 47(2): 141-157.
* Ka Lin:《Confucian Welfare Cluster: A Cultural Interpretation of Social Welfare》, Tampere:
B. International comparisons on social security systems
*Ka Lin: “The Development of the Social Security Systems in Latin America and its Policy Implications for China”, Chinese Social Science Digest (《中国社会科学文摘》), 2012.3.
* Ka Lin, Jiahua Zhang:“The Transition of Nordic Social Policy and Its Implications for Chinese Social Construction”, Comparisons on the Economical and Social Systems (《经济社会体制比较》), 2011.3. (re-printed by 《人大复印资料》, The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Sociological Issue) .
* Ka Lin:“International Experience and Chinese Development of Social Welfare System” Zhejiang Social Science（《浙江社会科学》）, 2011.5.
* Ka Lin:“Income Gap and Social Justice: The Development of the Social Security Systems in Latin American Countries and Their Experiences”, Journal of Social Sciences（《社会科学》）, 2011.10.
* Ka Lin:“The Cross-countries Comparison of Social Security Systems and Its Implications for China”, Research group on the Strategy of Social Security Development, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security in China: International Comparisons of Social Security System (《社会保障制度国际比较》), 2011, pp. 22-45,
* Ka Lin, Huaijuan Zhao:“On Studies of East Asian Model and Its Problems”，The Academic Journal of Zhejiang University (Humanities and Social Sciences) (《浙江大学学报 (人文社科版)》), 2010.5. (re-printed by 《人大复印资料》，The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Social Security Issue)
* Ka Lin：“The Expansion and Fall of the Productivist Model in East Asia”, Jiangsu Social Sciences (《江苏社会科学》), 2008.4.
* Ka Lin:“The Reform of Nordic Welfare States: The Policy Implementation, Effects, and Restriction Imposed by Their Institutional Contexts”, European Studies (《欧洲研究》)，2008.3.
* Ka Lin:“Studies on the Nordic Studies of Welfare State and the Logic of Their Policy Debates”, Social Sciences Aborad (《国外社会科学》), 2005.6. (re-printed by 《人大复印资料》，The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Sociological Issue) .
C. The strategy of the Chinese social policy development
* Ka Lin: “The Strategy of Chinese Development and Its Prospect: A Shift from Pursuit of Life Quality to Enhancing Social Quality”, Exploration and Debate (《探索与争鸣》), 2011.6.
* Ka Lin:“The Transformation of the Social Security System in China”, Zhaohuan Zheng ed. Social Security and Social Development(《社会保障与社会发展》)，2009，Hangzhou:
* Ka Lin: “The Development of Social Policy As a Discipline in China”, Exploration and Debate (《探索与争鸣》), 2008.11.(re-printed by 《人大复印资料》，The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Social Work Issue)
* Ka Lin, Xiaoqing Liu, Hui Mao:“Social Trust and Social Quality: A Data Analysis and Evaluation on the Zhejiang Social Quality Survey”, Academic Journal of Jiangsu College of Public Administration (《江苏行政学院学报》), 2010.4.
* Tuan Yang and Ka Lin: 《Social Policy Studies in Contemporary China VI》 (《当代社会政策研究VI》)，2011, Beijing: Chinese Labor and Social Security Press.
* Ka Lin: “China: The Art of State and Social Policy Remodeling”, in Alcock, Pete & Craig, Gary eds,《International Social Policy: Welfare Regimes in the Developed World》, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009, pp. 247-266.
* Ka Lin & Olli Kangas: "Social Policy-Making and Its Institutional Basis: A Study on the Transition of the Chinese Social Security System", International Social Security Review, 2006, Vol. 59 (2): 61-76.
D. Family policy, gender, and housing policy
*Ka Lin and Hao Wu: “Evaluating the Charitable Efforts Made by the Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations: Key Issues in the Development of Charity in China, The Academic Journal of Zhejiang University (Humanities and Social Sciences) (《浙江大学学报(人文社科版) 》), 2012，Vol. 42 (4): 132-142
* Ka Lin, Lin Tang:“On the Methodological Implications of the Feminist Studies” Women Studies Forum (《妇女研究论丛》), 2007.1. (re-printed by 《人大复印资料》，The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Women Studies Issue).
* Ka Lin，Lin Tang:“Women and Social Policy --- A Discussion on the Transition on Women’s Role in Nordic Society”, Women Studies Forum (《妇女研究论丛》)，2006.2.
* Ka Lin & Rantalaiho Minna:“Family Policy and Social Order - Comparing the Dynamics of Family Policy-Making in Scandinavia and Confucian Asia”, International Journal of Social Welfare, 2003, Vol. 12 (1): 2-13.
* Ka Lin，Hong Gao:“The Dynamics and Institutional Contexts of Development for the Chinese System of the Affordable Housing”, The Chinese Soft Sciences (《中国软科学》)，2007.1.
E. Sociology, life quality, social quality, and social development
*Ka Lin, Yun Xu, Tianhai Huang, Jiahua Zhang: “Social Exclusion and Its Causes in East Asian Societies: Evidences from SQSQ Survey Data”, Social Indicators Research, May 2012 (DOI 10.1007/s11205-012-0074-0).
*Yong Li, Ying Sun and Ka Lin: “Social Innovation, Local Governance and Social Quality: The Case of Inter-sectoral Collaboration in
* Ka Lin: “The Prototype of Social Quality Theory and its Applicability to Asian Societies”, International Journal of Social Quality, 2011, Vol. 1 (1): 57-70.
* Ka Lin: “Social Quality Thoery and Its Usefulness for Studying Asian Societies (Three Meanings of Analysis on Social Quality Theory), Chack-kie Wong ed., East Asian Countries and the Regional Welfare: Globalisation, Culture and Government, 2011, pp. 58-72, Beijing: The Chinese Society Press.
* Ka/Lin: “Social Policy and Social Quality”, in 《Going together with Happiness: Dialogues with Experts on Societal Construction During the Transitional Period》, 2011, pp. 52-78,
* Ka Lin:“Social Quality Theory: A New Perspective to Study The Way of Constructing A Harmonious Society”, Academic Journal of People’s University of China (《中国人民大学学报》), 2010.2. (re-printed by《中国社会科学文摘》，The Digest of the Chinese Social Sciences),
* Ka Lin, Hong Gao: “Social Quality and Social Construction”, Journal of Social Sciences (《社会科学》) 2010.3 (re-printed by《新华文摘》，The Xinhua Digest).
* Ka Lin, Laurent van der Maesen, and Paul Ward, "Social Quality Theory In Perspective", Development and Society 2009, Vol. 38 (2): 201- 208.
* Ka Lin:“Social Quality and the Theory of Hamorious Society”, Tiankui Jin and Huaming Peng eds.《The Front of Social Welfare Theories in the West》 (《西方社会福利理论前沿——论国家、社会、体制与政策》), 2009, pp. 311-328,
F. Social Welfare and Poverty studies
* Ka Lin: “Welfare Society: An Social Ideal Or A Policy Model?”，Academic Monthly (《学术月刊》), 2010.4. (re-printed by 《人大复印资料》,The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Social Security Issue).
* Ka Lin:“Toward Welfare Society?”, People’s Forum (《人民论坛》), 2009.10.
* Ka Lin, Xiaoguang Fan: “Poverty and Anti-Poverty: A Research On the Change of Poverty Patterns and the Anti-Poverty Policies”, Social Science Front (《社会科学战线》), 2006.1. (re-printed by《人大复印资料》,The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Sociological Issue)
* Ka Lin:“Absolute Poverty, Relative Poverty and Social Exclusion”, Social Security in China (《中国社会保障》), 2006.140.
* Ka Lin: "Institutional Responses to the Changing Patterns of Poverty and Marginalization in China, 1950s-2000s"，in Zhang, Heather Xioquan & Wu, Bin & Sanders, Richard eds,《Marginalisation in China：Perspectives on Transition and Globalisation》, Aldershot: Ashgate, 2007, pp. 119-133.
* Ka Lin: "Chinese Perceptions of the Scandinavian Social Policy Model", Social Policy & Administration, 2001, Vol. 35 (3): 321-340.
G. Social Work and Community Services
*Huanjuan Zhao, Ka Lin: “Demand and Supply: An Analysis About the Conditions of Social Work Profession in China”, Shandong Social Sciences (《山东社会科学》)，2012.6.
* Ka Lin, Yun Xu: “Studies on Awareness of Yong Drug Addicts About AIDS Risk and Its Influence on Their Behavioural Patterns”, Youth Studies in China (《中国青年研究 》), 2011.1.
* Ka Lin, Huaijuan Zhao: “Behaviourism: A Useful Approach to Study the Issue of AIDS Prevention” Social Sciences Front (《社会科学战线》), 2010.4.
* Ka Lin, Lun Zhou: “A Review on Researches about Drug Use and AIDS Prevention”, Social Work (《社会工作》), 2010.1.
* Ka Lin:“On Social Ecology of the Chinese Society to Develop Social Work Profession and Its Encountered Challenges”, Journal of Social Sciences, (《社会科学》), 2009.4. (re-printed by《人大复印资料》,The Information Center of Renmin University of China on its Social Work Issue).
* Ka Lin, Xin Zhong: “The Nordic Experience of Community Services in the Nordic Countries”, Zhejiang Academic Journal (《浙江学刊》), 2008.1.
* Ka Lin & Ke Su: “The Dynamism and Institutional Backgrounds of Community Work Development in Nordic Countries”, Zhejiang Social Sciences (《浙江社会科学》)，2007.1. (abstractred by 《新华文摘》,Xinhua Digest).
*Ka Lin, Juai Jin: “Debate on the Issue of ‘Social Work as Profession”, Academic Journal of Zhejiang Suren University (《浙江树人大学学报》), 2003. 2.